Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 50 - Listening to my body and trusting my body

Monday, January 11, 2010

So today was a day I did nothing.  Seriously.  I did nothing.  I slept in pretty late.  Considering shooting finished at about 5:00am this morning, I realized I needed to rest.

Jon and I had a bunch of errands to run after he went to work.

We did none of them.

As a matter of fact, he hadn't been feeling well all weekend, so he took the day off and just rested too.  I don't think we left the bed for more than 30 minutes.  We were both exhausted and just needed a reboot.

I had planned to get up and workout later in the day.

Yeah, that didn't happen.

I just couldn't get the energy up.

So, I guess today became a recovery day.

I'm trying to give myself some latitude.  I know being up all night and changing my sleep schedule can mess me up for a while.  When I worked at 4:00am at Starbucks I'd have to go to sleep at 9:00pm to be able to function the next day.  Then after being cut I'd have to go home and take a nap.  I was always tired.

I know I've been on a great track working out almost 6 days a week every week.  I don't want to get off-track.  It's so easy to just let myself "take a day".  I don't want to fall back into a bad habit.

I'm learning to just trust myself and my body.  I do feel better knowing I've worked out, so the rush I get from having DONE my workout will help me keep up the good habit, right?  And when I do need a break because my schedule is making me exhausted, I just need to give myself that time to rest.  I need to trust myself a little more.

It's hard to do that.  Especially when I've "failed" myself so many times before with my workouts.  I tend to come back but it's usually after a long break and the inconsistency yields little results.

But, I trust myself this time.  This time I am using only me (and YOU via this blog).  I'm not using any gimmicks or helpful things other than my desire to live my best life.

So, today I forgive myself and move on.  Tomorrow is another day.

Today's Goal: Drink at least 60 oz of water and take my multi-vitamin = Fail/SUCCESS (I think I drank 40 - 50 oz...maybe )

Tomorrow's Goal: Back on the workout schedule - cardio and weights and use BL9* to really motivate me if I need it.

Calories Consumed: 901

Workout: NONE = recovery

*BL9 = The Biggest Loser season 9 - GREAT motivator!

No comments:

Post a Comment