Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 52 - Cramps and Caloric Overload

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So today started out AWFUL.  I was up at 3am with horrible cramps.  I finally got back to sleep to wake up with the same pain at about 6am.  It was just one bad dream after another. :(

When I finally peeled myself out of my bed, I realized I had little time to get all my workout done before I had to meet my mom to work on wedding stuff.

I've heard that working out (especially cardio) can help cramps.  So I started some cardio.  It did help.  But I also think popping a few ibuprofen was the "real" help.

After about 30 minutes (yeah that's all I could get) I went to take a shower and realized that somehow the bubble bath popped open on the shelf and had fallen on its side and had dripped bubble goo EVERYWHERE AND ON EVERYTHING.

UGH!

I quickly called my Mom and told her I'd be running about 30 minutes late.  Then I did a VERY fast clean-up (didn't finish it) and showered and ran out of the house.

Mom and I were looking at places to hold the rehearsal dinner.  We wanted to go a little more light and fun since our wedding is a bit more formal.

We decided to come back to the restaurant and do a tasting that night with Jon and my dad.

After getting back to her apartment we hit the lists and tried to get some things finished.  I was in need of some food.  I had a small snack knowing full-well I would be having calories out of my personal control tonight with the tasting.

UGH!  Food was amazing.  Amazing.  BUT, the calories were ridiculous.  I ate as little as I could and still feel like I was giving a true idea as to what the food would taste like (we got prawns and sea bass and tuna, etc.  I am a pescatarian so I don't eat meat or poultry.  Only fish).

After leaving I just started to feel icky again.  I wanted to take more ibuprofen, but I also needed to get my abs and legs in today.

I don't know how I did it, but I busted out the abs and legs when we got home last night.  No extra cardio, but I did what I could.  I barely combated the calories, though, I'm sure.  Things were DRIPPING in oil.

Ok, ok, I know tomorrow is another day.  And I did do well to avoid all the chocolate my mom has lying around the house.  I wanted a frango mint so badly I could taste the indulgence in my mind.  But I didn't.
So that was good, right?

Today's Goal:  Drink water and be careful at dinner.  FAIL (I know I did the best I could at dinner, but it just was a caloric fest.  And I somehow lost count as to how much water I drank. Although I can tell you it most likely was NOT enough).

Tomorrow's Goal:  Do my cardio before Jon gets home from work.

Calories Consumed: approx 1500??  (seriously!)

Workout:
       Cardio:
            3 minutes warm-up
            30 minutes jog/run
            (1 - 5 minutes sprint)
             5 minutes cool down

      Strength Training:
           50 push-ups
           1 set Pilates 100's
          100 regular crunches
          100 reverse crunches
          100 oblique crunches (both sides)
          100 regular squats (12 lbs each hand)
          100 regular pulsed squats (12 lbs each hand)
          100 plie squats (12 lbs each hand)
          100 plie pulsed squats (12 lbs each hand)
        

No comments:

Post a Comment