Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 42 - Freezing and Blue Agave syrup

Sunday, January 3, 2010

So today started out like a great Sunday morning.  I had no major obligations in the early part of the day and I was lazily getting myself out of bed to get going. 

I worked out to The West Wing.  We have the episodes on the computer but I am just getting through the series for the first time.  Love this show.  It really makes the workout go so much faster! For those who are interested, I'm in season 5, Episode 19.

I've rediscovered tea, again.  It tends to happen during the ridiculously freezing cold winters of Chicago.  I remember just how comforting a nice cup of tea would be and am always thrilled to have it warming up my hands.

However, The Chicago Diner has introduced me to a new love.  Blue Agave nectar/syrup.  Um, seriously this stuff is off the chains!  It tastes like a buttery honey syrup but has a low glycemic index (yay for me!) and is the same calories as raw honey!  Yet, it's so sweet you can use less and still have an amazing flavor! I feel like the blue agave plant reached down and patted my head in a loving gesture and showed me the ways of the future!  AMAZING.

So, yes, I have that in my tea or in my organic peanut butter (it's never sweet enough for me), or on toast.  Mmmmm.  It's a must-try!

After all that I went to rehearsal at the location of many of our scenes for the film.  Amazing.  So much fun.  A couple of us were there and we did some improv with our characters. It was a blast. :)

Tomorrow, work work work!  1 more week!  Next weekend is the film!  Woo hoo!  I'm going to try and keep up the blog, though.  I like having this blog to reflect and keep an account of my workouts and progress.

Today's goal: 2- 5 minute sprints during cardio = SUCCESS! (thanks West Wing!)

Tomorrow's goal: drink 80 oz of water

Calories Consumed: 1176

Workout:
       Cardio:
              3 minutes warm up
              47 minutes jog/run/invis jump rope/ football drills
              (2 - 5 minute sprints)
               8 minutes cool down/stretch

        Strength Training:
              50 back rows (15 lbs each hand)
              50 biceps curls (12 lbs each hand)
              50 triceps curls (12 lbs each hand)
              50 chest flies (12 lbs each hand)
              50 shoulder press (12 lbs each hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment