Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 48 - Hopes and Doubts

Saturday, January 9, 2010

So today was an errand day for Jon Wolter and me.  We ran around to the bank, to the Post-Office, and did laundry.

Um, if you can avoid going to the Post-Office on a Saturday when you need to get a passport. DO.  Avoid it at all costs.

It took over 1.5 hours just to get him through the line, (a specially designated line JUST for those needing passport services) and get his photo taken.  Also, I had no idea that they actually TAKE your birth certificate.  Supposedly they mail it back to you.  REALLY?  Is this necessary?  To take control of your birth certificate?  Wow.  Considering it's the Chicago post-office, my comfort level is not quite there.  Fingers-crossed he gets both the passport AND the birth certificate back in plenty of time for our honeymoon!

Oh, and a quick shout-out to some of the well-behaved kids standing in line at the very busy Post-Office. Thank you for your patience and lack of shouting/crying.

To the mother who decided it was appropriate to give your 4 year old child a small toy that plays a kazoo-like tune at full-volume every time he presses on it:
May I suggest you let him bring a SILENT toy next time he is to be out in public.
Love,
The Rest of the Frustrated Customers at the Ashland/Wellington Post-Office.

After that ordeal we had lunch at one of my favorite Chicago restaurants, The Chicago Diner.  It's a vegetarian restaurant with vegan options.  I love this place.  My ex never wanted to go there.  He refused to even try some of their delicious options, claiming he was a carnivore to the core.  Well, his loss, our gain!  At least I know there's never a chance of running into him there. :)

Per usual, Jon Wolter and I had a delightful lunch and I took home left-overs for breakfast.

Finally, I worked out, we did laundry and I worked on some promotional stuff.

I was trying to stay up as late as possible tonight since my call/shoot time tomorrow starts at 11:00pm and goes until about 5:00am.

I'm nervous.  I am really glad the first scenes I'm in are fairly "tame" emotionally.  Julian, the director, really does an amazing job getting everyone comfortable before committing anything to camera.  It's helpful as an actor to know he has our back.  Yet, I'm feeling worried.

I've lost a bunch of weight, (ok, not a lot of actual weight, but my body has changed a lot and I look healthier) but will it look ok on camera?  Will I look fat?  I'm so nervous.  I don't want to look like hell.

Ugh.  I gotta snap outta this line of thinking.  I'm just nervous.  He hired me 7 pounds ago.  He liked me enough then.  So, I'm looking even better now. Right?  Ok.  Enough pep talk.  I got this.

Tomorrow's post may come late on Monday since we've got an all-night shoot.  But it will be here. No question. :)

Today's Goal: Workout and get part one of the checklist done for the film = SUCCESS

Tomorrow's Goal: Get in some cardio and get sleep during the day!

Calories Consumed: 1142

Workout:
        Cardio:
              3 minutes warm up
              40 minutes jog/run
             (2 sets of 20 push-ups - 6 sets of 10 push-ups)
              8 minutes cool-down/stretch

        Strength Training:
              1 set of Pilates 100
              100 regular crunches
              100 reverse crunches
              100 oblique crunches (both sides)
              100 regular squats (12 lbs each hand)
              100 regular pulsed squats (12 lbs each hand)
              100 plie squats (12 lbs each hand)
              100 plie pulsed squats (12 lbs each hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment