Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 60 - Sloth and Kicking My Own Ass

Thursday, January 21, 2010

So today I had a realization.

I need alone time.  And I need time where I don't feel "under the gun", so to speak.

When I schedule a recovery day I really need to remember that it can include doing nothing.

I suck at doing nothing.

I suck hard at it.

I grew up believing the only way to succeed was always be working towards the goal.  I never stopped to enjoy or even reflect on the journey.

I still struggle with this.

I've often over-scheduled myself and believed I could make up time later.  Yeah, well, sometimes I need those "lazier" days in order to recharge and move on tomorrow with even more commitment and determination.  Sometimes I just want to lie in bed and not have to strategize/think/plan/decide anything. Sometimes I just want to be alone and read a book or watch Law & Order and not feel bad about it.

Sometimes I do this.

Usually I feel guilty.

Often I protest that I have every right to enjoy myself, yet I never do.

Today is no exception.

All day I tried to just talk myself into letting this be a "sloth" day.  I'd use it as a recovery day even though I knew full-well that Saturday made more sense as a recovery day since I'd probably be traveling and in my car most of the day after coming off of a long filming.

But my body just wanted it and, reluctantly, I gave in.

I laid in bed most of the day and just tried to enjoy the fact that I was taking "me" time.

It worked...sort of.  But since I felt like I'd been slacking off on some of my more intense workouts this week, it never really stuck with me, fully.

Jon and I had waited until we both had some time to watch Tuesday's episode of The Biggest Loser.

Jon returned from a meeting and I was all set to watch it with him, at 10:30PM when I realized I felt like a huge hypocrite!

Here I had spent the entire day laying around and I was about to spend ANOTHER 2 hours watching a TV show?  With no exercise?
So, I busted out the exercise clothes and hopped to it watching The Biggest Loser.  It's really motivating and fun to workout while THEY workout.

I got a GREAT cardio workout in and still got to enjoy one of my favorite inspirational shows. :)  Win/Win!

Today's Goal: 60 oz of water = SUCCESS!

Tomorrow's Goal: Do a total body workout (weights and/or abs with cardio)

Calories Consumed: 1042

Workout:
       Cardio:
           3 minutes warm up
           42 minutes jog/run
           (1 - 15 minute sprint!)
           8 minutes cool down/stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment