Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 58 - Celebration and appreciation

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So today is my oldest friend, Kathleen's, birthday.  I've known K since I was 9 years old.  We went to a performing arts camp together at the park district and became fast friends.  We then ended up performing in a group called "Traveling Troupe" which performed all over Chicago.  The ages of the performers were 12 - 14.  THEN, we both ended up at Interlochen Arts Academy for high school.

It feels like we've known each other forever.  :)  I'm grateful for that friendship.

She is having a small gathering of people at The Cheesecake Factory this evening.  We are all headed out to celebrate her birthday.

I'm very excited to see her.  She lives in New York but often travels all over for work.  She's a dancer/actress/singer and often gets shows in Florida and Vegas.  She's a busy girl!

My biggest challenge:  making sure I watch my portions and not feeling guilty about the drink(s) I consume.

Cheesecake does offer a fantastic herb-crusted salmon with a huge salad.  I believe I will definitely get that and put the dressing on the side.  Then I'll for sure have leftovers to take home.

I did my workout earlier today.  I had a tough time with cardio.  I just couldn't get my body working. But I got something in, and that's what counts.

Today's Goal: Get that water in = SUCCESS/FAIL (I think I got in about 60 oz but counteracted it with the alcohol...)

Tomorrow's Goal: Get some work done with Carrie (my sister-in-law) and get 40 min. cardio

Calories Consumed: 1132

Workout:
         Cardio:
              3 minutes warm-up
              30 minutes jog/run
             (1 - 5 minute sprint)
              8 minutes cool-down/stretch

        Strength Training:
              50 push ups
             100 regular crunches
             100 reverse crunches
             100 oblique crunches (both sides)

No comments:

Post a Comment