Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 59 - Family and Fighting fatigue

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So today I went to hang out with my sister-in-law Carrie.  She's pretty amazing.  I don't know how she runs the household with 4 boys AND my brother.

I love my brother.  He and I did not get along when we were growing up.  We had completely different interests but as adults we definitely respect each other's accomplishments.

But, this is the first time I've heard my brother tell me how "floored" he was by my talent.

I can't begin to tell you how much that meant to me.  Carrie and I were talking about the film and about the voiceover demos.  She hadn't heard them yet.

I pulled up the website: www.aligoodmanvo.com and she heard the 2 demos.  She was so complimentary!  Then I showed her the photos from the film (Becky I'm totally going to add some photos on here.  I'm just waiting for a day when I have more than a few minutes to really pull some good ones out!)

When I got home and worked out, I got a call from my brother.  This is not usual.  We don't talk on the phone or even text.  But we just know the other has our back, you know?  Anyway, getting a call from him to just tell me how impressed he was and how much he really wants me to succeed just made my entire day!

I was on cloud nine!  :)  Yay for family and for brothers and for sister-in-laws!  Happy!

As far as food and working out, I feel like I did alright today.  Could have done better with strength training but I'm not altogether unhappy with the progress.

I feel as though I'm really fighting fatigue.  I can't seem to get a decent amount of sleep.  I blame the mattress and pillows and everything, but I really wonder if it's something else within me that's just not letting me rest properly.

I'm always stressed about money and work and whatnot, but I really wonder if changing my life is now bringing up crap I didn't realize wasn't worked out.  Or something.

Lots to think about.

Today's Goal: Get some work done with Carrie (my sister-in-law) and get 40 min. cardio = SUCCESS!

Tomorrow's Goal: 60 oz of water, baby!

Calories Consumed: 1048

Workout:
       Cardio:
           3 minutes warm-up
           42 minutes jog/run
          (1 - 10 minute sprint; 3 -1 minute skaters)
            8 minutes cool down/ stretch

     Strength Training:
           60 push ups
           50 regular crunches
           50 reverse crunches
           50 oblique crunches (each side)

3 comments:

  1. And PS? I LOVE your voiceover demo!!!!!! Market the crap outta that thing OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching for pics! Great news about your brother. I've got sibling issues right now that I'm just not even gonna deal with .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky! Thank you so much for your continued support! I can't tell you how appreciative I am of it! :)

    ReplyDelete