Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 37 - Marketing and Skype

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So today was my last late day at this job.  On Tuesdays, the manager usually works from 11am - 7pm.  They didn't bother to tell me that when I was hired for the job.  I worked it out so I did come in 11-7 last Tuesday and this one.  But next week, I am working 9-5 all 5 days.  Getting off on the schedule has messed up my sleep patterns.

Case in point:  Today!

I got up early to do my cardio.  I was pretty darn exhausted but I made it through.  I rediscovered TLC on our basic cable network and got pathetically sucked into "Toddlers and Tiaras".  Wow.  Just, wow.  Why do these people even HAVE kids?  They should just get dolls and dress them up!  But I digress...

So I busted out the cardio and quickly showered, got my food together, fed the dog, made the bed, etc. and ran out of the house to START my 8 hour work day. 

While I was there the day felt ENDLESS.  The only thing that got me through was using the time after 5pm as a chance to work on marketing for my voice over demos.  I am preparing to send out the postcards and I'm thrilled to start this process!  It's taken a LOT of preparation, but I know it will work out in the end.  I just have to keep at it.  :)

So accomplishing a lot of that was very helpful to my mood.  It wasn't, however, very helpful for my exhaustion!  By the time I arrived home, wonderful Jon Wolter had cleaned the rabbit hutch and the chinchilla hutch, alone.  I felt terrible not helping him but I was so tired I just wanted to crawl into bed!  I decided I would just suck it up and make today a cardio only day and jump back in tomorrow.  Sometimes you just have to allow your body to tell you what it needs.

After dinner, Jon got "Skyped" by our buddy Jon Taie in Boston.  It was really nice to see him.  Yay for new technology!  We laughed a lot and joked about the wedding and him coming to that.  It was a blast.  I ended up saying goodnight around 10:30pm.  I was hoping a good night's sleep would be in the cards for me!

Today's Goal: Get the cardio done before work - SUCCESS!

Tomorrow's Goal: Jump back in the workout routine - abs/legs tomorrow

Calories Consumed - 987

Workout:
      Cardio:
           3 minutes warm up
           40 minutes jog/run/kick/shadow boxing/invis. jump rope
           4 - 1 minute jump/sprints

      Strength Training: NONE

No comments:

Post a Comment