Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 17 - Decorations and Fear of Success

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

So today was a good day! I got most of my entire list of "to-do's" out of the way. One of those things included decorating!

I have not been in the holiday spirit for the past few years. After a horribly sad and gut-wrenching break-up with my ex, I've just not had it in me. Each Christmas and Chanukkah comes along with a "meh" from me and while I'm not Bah Humbugging my way through them, I'm certainly not infused with a happy spirit.

This year, something in me has changed. I'm delighted by Christmas! Jon and I had to do laundry so I found a Santa Hat in my small box of decorations and reindeer antlers (with jingle bells!) He put on the Santa hat and I put on the antlers and down to the laundry room we went. Merrily! It was really fun!

Here's a picture of my decorations for this year's Christmakkah!



I also spent a lot of time learning about promoting my voice over demos. I could feel the fear rising in me each time I read more about it and tried to envision how I was going to afford all the postage and all the time and effort it would take! I finally had to force myself to take a big breath and realize that I CAN DO THIS. I just have to remind myself there will be a learning curve. There always is. I'm human.

I don't want to be afraid of success. I am very proud of the work I did on this demo. I just need to do that little bit extra work to get it out there and in the right hands.

Next step: SUCCESS. At least, that's what I'm envisioning now. :)

Today's Goal: take multi-vitamin and cardio 45 minutes = SUCCESS!

Tomorrow's Goal: Submit to agents.
(Technically it should be a recovery day but I may get a workout in)

Calories Consumed - 991

Workout:
Cardio:
45 minutes (run/jog, invisible jump rope)

Strength Training:
100 regular crunches
100 reverse crunches
100 oblique crunches (each side)
4 rounds of Pilates 100's
100 regular squats (10 lbs)
100 regular pulsed squats (10 lbs)
100 plie squats (10 lbs)
100 pulsed plie squats (10 lbs)

* I think in a week or two I am going to have to step up to 12 lbs!



No comments:

Post a Comment