Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 36 - Temping and Tired

Monday, December 28, 2009

So today was back to the temp job.  It's been ok so far.  Not too difficult, although I tend to get frustrated when I don't have answers to questions.  I like being able to solve problems and often I feel like I'm bugging people with the answers more than I "should" because I've encountered something I'm just not equipped to deal with. 

But, I don't want that to preclude me from being asked back to work here again.  The money is decent and the work isn't awful.  Again, I do like that I'm pretty much by myself and there's no one looking over my shoulder.  As exhausting as the work can sometimes be, I do MUCH better by myself.

I found myself in a frustrating situation when I received a call from my supervisor who works at the main office in the city.  Here's how the conversation started:

Supervisor:  "Hello Ali, how was your Christmas?"

Me: "Oh it was great, thanks!  How was yours?"

Supervisor: "It was good.  Look, Ali, you have to keep the office door open."

Me: stunned silence "Um...oh! Ok.  Sorry I--"

Supervisor: "Yeah, the residents are calling to complain the door is closed and they don't know you are open"

Me: "Oh, wow, I'm sorry.  I actually put a note on the door that says, "PLEASE KNOCK. WE ARE OPEN"

Supervisor: "Yeah, I need you to keep it open, regardless"

Me: "Oh well, sorry, I mean, it gets really cold in this office and [the manager] said during training it was ok to do that as long as I put up a note saying we were here and open.  But that's ok, I'll just leave the door open"

Supervisor: "Oh. It's cold?"

Me: "Yeah, that's the only reason the door's been closed.  I have only left the office twice.  To go to the bathroom."

Supervisor: "Well, can you keep the door propped open a little?"

Me: "Yeah, sure, no problem.  I'll just deal with it.  No worries."

Supervisor: "Thank you."

So, yeah, that is just an inkling of how the day went.  I was here until 5:30 (I'm usually off at 5pm) dealing with a stupid issue.  UGH! 

By the time I got home I was in NO MOOD to work out.  But I did.  I think I got about 68oz of water in.  So that's good, I guess. I was shooting for 80 but it wasn't in the cards.

I also had to truncate my cardio.  I was beat. 

BUT!!!  We bought 12 lb weights this weekend and I added them in to my upper body routine!  And tomorrow I'll add them to the lower!  YAY!

Fingers crossed for an uneventful rest of the week!

Today's Goal: Drink more water = SUCCESS/FAIL (my internal goal was to drink 80 oz.  I didn't quite get there.  But I got about 68oz so that's much better than I've been in previous days.  So I don't feel too awful)

Tomorrow's Goal: Get the cardio done before work. (late starting time at the job)

Calories Consumed: 957

Workout:
      Cardio:
          3 minutes warm-up
          30 minutes jog/run/invisible jump rope/kicks/shadow box
          (4 - 1 minutes sprints)
          8 minutes cool down/stretch

     Strength Training:
         50 push ups
         50 back rows (15 lbs each hand)
         20 biceps curls (12 lbs each hand)
         30 biceps curls (10 lbs each hand)
         20 triceps curls (12 lbs each hand)
         30 triceps curls (10  lbs each hand)
         20 shoulder press (12 lbs each hand)
         30 shoulder press (10 lbs each hand)
         20 chest flies (12 lbs each hand)
         30 chest flies (10 lbs each hand)

2 comments:

  1. I like the name of your blog. This is a great workout GREAT job.

    You have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, Thank you! It's definitely been a journey!

    ReplyDelete