Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 91 - Wedding madness and bad dreams

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So today my mom and I spent most of the day working on wedding stuff.  I think we finally got our invitations!  We have one more meeting with the vendor and then we are set to go.  This thing is really happening!

My heart hit my feet when they told us the invites need to go out on April 19th.  Ummm, THAT'S LIKE AROUND THE CORNER!  I feel like we've done NOTHING and have SOOOO much left to do before this wedding!

Breathe!!!

Anyhow, Carrie and I did some work on our home-business and then my mom and I started home from the suburbs.  In traffic.

It wasn't so bad but I was really happy I had worked out this morning!  It made it possible for me to not be so anxious while we were out.  I don't spend the whole day just hoping I'll have enough energy to workout when I get home after whatever is going on.  I love getting it done first thing!

Another reason for invitation anxiety is that at my previous non-wedding, my ex pulled his bullshit right as the invitations were hitting the calligrapher.  We had to literally THROW OUT all our invitations. Today was a reality moment that this thing is really happening. And it's a WONDERFUL thing.  :)

I'm sure all this ramping up to the wedding is helping my incredibly bad dreams I've been having about my ex and Jon's ex.  There's so much history and drama with them.  Jon's ex was supposed to be in my last wedding.  It makes for some bad feelings and ugly situations.  I hate that it manifests itself in my dreams.  My sleep is bad enough as it is, (we need a new mattress and we need new non-meth-addicted neighbors), so these dreams are just making it worse.

I feel like this will subside once we get past the 2 month mark.  Or at least when we are finally married.  Right?  I hope so!

Here's how today played out.

How do you deal with stressful dreams?

Calories Consumed: 1220

Workout:
       Cardio:
             3 minutes warm-up
             33 minutes
             (1 - 5 minute sprint)
             8 minutes cool down

     Strength Training:
            60 back rows (resistance bands)
            60 pulsed back rows (resistance bands)
            60 biceps curls (12 lbs each hand for 10; 10 lbs each hand for 50)
            60 triceps curls (12 lbs each hand for 10; 10 lbs each hand for 50)
            60 shoulder press (12 lbs each hand for 10; 10 lbs each hand for 50)
            60 chest flies (12 lbs each hand for 10; 10 lbs each hand for 50)

No comments:

Post a Comment