Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 71 - Coffee Talk and Ab Realities

Monday, February 1, 2010

So today was nice and somewhat uneventful.

I met with a friend for coffee.  I was a bit worried about seeing her.  We had a big miscommunication recently.  I was hoping things would smooth over at this gathering.

It did.  We had fun and a few laughs.

The biggest issue is how even though I'm not working full-time right now I'm so freaking busy.  It seems confusing to people who know me when I say I'm not available.  They cannot understand what could really be filling up my time.

Trust me.  There is a LOT.  But I will save that for another blog entry. :)

Suffice it to say I am very happy things went well with this friend, and I am hoping things go just as well with Lisa tomorrow evening.  Although, we may not be meeting because she caught this horrible pneumonia/bronchitis/cold-flu thing and may not even be at work tomorrow.  :(  Sickness sucks.

Jumped back on the workout wagon again today.  Went well and I felt good with that.

I read through Jillian Michael's Making the Cut and discovered that I need to change my ab routine a bit.  Lately, I've noticed that my obliques are getting nice and taught, but I feel like I'm "expanding" or getting wider.  According to Jillian, the obliques can DO that, especially if you have fat on top of the muscle (which I still do, stupid fat). Therefore, I'm not really doing myself much good widening if I'm trying to shrink.  So I'm changing up my ab routine.  Only regular crunches and reverse crunches.  Less or no obliques.  We'll see how this goes!

Today's Goal: re-read a bit of Making the Cut - Jillian Michael's book for ideas = SUCCESS!

Tomorrow's Goal: Workout during the Biggest Loser #9!  Woo hoo!

Calories Consumed: 1272

Workout:
       Cardio:
           3 minutes warm-up
          42 minutes jog/run
           (1- 10 minute sprint)
           8 minutes cool-down

     Strength Training:
           100 reverse crunches
           100 regular crunches

No comments:

Post a Comment