Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 95 - Frustrations with Dr's Office and UP

Saturday, February 27, 2010

So today started off not well.  I had an appointment to see my gynecologist for my annual exam...so I thought!

I busied myself trying to get in a workout before I was supposed to be there when it dawned on me I'd never gotten a confirmation call.

The appointment was all through communication on the "patient link" online site the doctor's office has set up.  You request an appointment and someone responds and lets you know what is available.

When I called to confirm my appointment this morning the office was, you guessed it, CLOSED.  I went to the patient link and re-checked the appointment date and time and, sure enough, it said I had an appointment TODAY at 12:30pm.

I called back and left a very frustrated message.

I then wrote a response on the patient link saying the same things.  I felt like my time was totally wasted and I scheduled my entire weekend around this appointment.

Suffice it to say I was irritated.

I did get a call back and the office apologized saying it was their mix-up.  The person who responded on the patient link looked in my file and noticed I had an appointment on February 27th at 12:30pm.

In 2009.
Oy vey.

So the rescheduling began.  Fingers crossed this goes well...

Tonight we headed over to my friend, Ellyn's apartment.  We ordered really yummy (and fresh!) thai food and watched Pixar's UP.

I adore this film.  ADORE IT!  Some of the best writing for a dog I've ever heard.  Hilarious.  Adorable. Sad. Just all around awesome.

I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it!

Any films you recommend these days?

Calories Consumed: 1134

Workout:
       Cardio:
            3 minutes warm-up
            12 minutes cardio (run) -- got interrupted by gynecologist office phone call -- then had to leave
  
      Strength Training:
             100 reverse crunches
             100 regular crunches
             30 push ups
             1 set of Pilates 100

No comments:

Post a Comment