Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 2 - a little nervous

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So this is Day 2 of my journey to a fitter and better me. And, honestly, I really really really hope the effort is going to pay off. I am working a temp job this week. (Mon, Tues, and Wed) from 8:30am - 12:30pm. It's a great gig because the phone hardly rings and I'm in an office completely alone. However, usually when I temp in these situations I have internet access. Well, the IT guys didn't get me a log-in or set me up so I'm unable to update my blog or do any "work" I might do in another situation.

So I've been reading.

I brought 2 books in with me (I'm nearly finished with the first one so I wanted a back-up). It's been really great getting to read and get paid, but I feel "schlubby". I mean, it's the most inactive thing I could do, just sitting and reading! I'm trying to find a way to not beat myself up (what I'd have done in the past), for enjoying a little quiet time and utilizing it by reading.

And let's be honest, if Ii were on the internet I wouldn't be doing anything "active" either. Typing? Can't burn a whole lot of calories typing. So, yeah. I think it goes a bit deeper than "not being active". I think it's the idea that I shouldn't be enjoying or getting any pleasure out of life when "there's work to be done". It's a very difficult thing for me to find a balance with. I want to believe I'm worthy of time to read rather than feeling like I'm "sneaking it in". I want to enjoy my life and give more back. I know I can't be anything good to anyone until I'm being good to myself. But it's so difficult, sometimes.

What's really got me nervous? Thanksgiving dinner. I can only control what I make and what I put in my mouth. How do I deal with other people's food? Plus, I'm pretty much a pescatarian (vegetarian who eats fish). It's not an easy thing to do on Thanksgiving. I am hoping for a salad. Or something I can eat other than the mildly healthy green bean casserole I'm making... Again, a process. I will find the balance on Thursday. But today, I'm going to try and focus on today.

My goal today was to drink 60 oz of water in those first 4 hours I was working at the office. I went to the bathroom 5 times (!) before I left but I DID IT! I drank my 60 oz there and then drank another 36 oz at home today! I DEFINITELY got my hydration in for the day!

I'm incredibly proud of that.

My goal tomorrow: Drink at least 60 oz of water in the first 4 hours and do some leg-lifts at the desk if I can get away with it.

Calories consumed: 1,193

Workout: 100 push ups (on my toes!!!), 100 plie squats (with 8 lb weights), 100 pulsed plie squats (with 8 lb weights), 100 regular squats (with 8 lb weights), 100 pulsed regular squats (with 8 lb weights), 100 regular crunches, 100 reverse crunches, 100 obliques (each side), 20 minutes of fast-paced cardio (running in place, tires, football drills, high kicks, butt kicks)

2 comments:

  1. Here are some ideas of things to do while at your desk. http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/29-exercises-you-can-do-at-or-near-your-desk.html

    I love you, and i'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia! Thanks so much! I'm totally checking that out now!

    ReplyDelete